I carry on

This poem is about my mental health struggles, trauma and wait for therapy. I feel lighter for writing it. 



I carry the weight  

Of shattered memories  

In the hollow of my chest,  

A mosaic of pain,  

Fragments  

That cut like glass.  

Each one a story  

Untold.  


I wait  

For the light of healing  

To seep through the cracks,  

Like dawn  

Breaking through  

A restless night.  


Therapy is  

A word  

That trembles  

On my tongue,  

A promise of mending  

Or maybe  

Just a pause  

In the storm.  


What if the pieces  

Never fit  

Like they used to?  

What if the puzzle  

I become  

Is something  

I don't recognise?  


But even broken,  

I am still  

Here,  

Still  

Breathing,  

And maybe  

That is enough  

For now.  


I will hold  

My fragments  

With tenderness  

Until the day  

I find  

The courage  

To let them  

Go.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts